UNC Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits program designed to attract and retain high quality and diverse faculty and staff.
We are accepting scheduled appointments only
The benefits office is available for virtual consultations to provide service for all benefit matters. In person appointments must be scheduled in advance to help ensure safety protocols are followed. Call 704-687-8134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to meet in person or drop off documents.
Secure methods to send information to the Benefits Office staff
Please use the following methods to securely send sensitive information to the Benefits Office:
Upload documents - click here for directions to submit medical documentation (this option can be used for additional reasons):
- FMLA, Return to work notes, etc.
- Retirement, Salary Reduction Agreements, etc.
- Fax: 704-687-5254
- Mail: Human Resources Department - Benefits, 9201 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
COVID-19 Benefits Information
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there have been updates to work and leave provisions, health benefits, and other HR items. Please consult the COVID-19 webpage for the most up-to-date information.
Employee Insurance Login: eBenefits
Contact for eBenefits questions/login assistance: Enrollment & Eligibility Support Center at 855-859-0966.
Important reminder about retiree health insurance eligibility:
- Note: * General Statute 135-48.1(18) SL 2017-57 changed the eligibility for retiree health coverage. Members hired on or after Jan. 1, 2021 will not be eligible for retiree medical benefits. Click here for more detail.
Mail: Human Resources Department - Benefits, 9201 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
For questions, you can call: 704-687-8134
- Teachers and State Employees Retirement System (TSERS)
- Videos (example: How to make the most out of your retirement?)
- NC Total Retirement (Prudential) Resources/Webinars
- TIAA Schedule online www.tiaa.org/webinars
- State Health Plan
- There are a few “Understanding Your Medical Plan Options When You Become Medicare-eligible” online webinars remaining. Please sign up for a time convenient for you. Space is limited, so register today!
Reminder– Social Security Number and Name Validation
To meet Affordable Care Act reporting requirements, the name and social security number for you and your covered dependents must be accurate in the online state insurance system. Please follow the Directions to validate your social security number and name in the on-line state insurance system, and notify the Benefits Office at 704-687-8134 to report any discrepancies, or if you have questions.
Supplemental Retirement Contribution Limits
(401k, 457, and 403b plans):
|Age category||2020 and 2021|
|Under age 50:||$19,500|
|Over age 50 catch-up:||$6,500|
The 401k and 403b contributions are coordinated (combined total cannot exceed the maximum). The 457 contributions are not coordinated with the 401k, nor 403b (total cannot exceed the maximum). As an alternative to the age 50 catch-up, a participant in the 457 plan is eligible to defer up to twice the contribution limit in effect for the three years preceding the employee’s normal retirement age, subject to eligibility. Contact the NC Total Retirement agent for more information.
Reference Supplemental Retirement Plans for more detail.