New Employee Benefits Information
Congratulations on your appointment at UNC Charlotte! Please reference the information below to learn more about the benefit offerings, orientation, and available resources, to help you make important benefit decisions that impact you and your family members.
We look forward to assisting you with your benefits.
Comprehnsive NC Benefits Overview
Reference the directions below to access an online presentation from the UNC System Office.
- New employees should go to the Learning and Development Portal and use the Search feature to access the Comprehensive UNC Benefits Overview 2022. Employees will need to click on the green Launch box to open the overview and then use the drop-down menu to locate UNC Charlotte in order for the overview to fully launch.
- Or new employees can also access the overview in their assigned New Employee Onboarding Course located under their Active Transcript in the Learning and Development Portal. Employees will still need to click on the green Launch box to open the overview and then use the drop-down menu to locate UNC Charlotte in order for the overview to fully launch.
The University is offering in person orientation sessions, to include benefits resources, process for enrollment, and contacts. Employees may also schedule a brief follow up appointment (Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.) with the Benefits Office to drop off forms in person, and/or ask individual questions. Click here to schedule an upcoming appointment.
- Benefits packet
- Note: * General Statute 135-48.1(18) SL 2017-57 changed the eligibility for retiree health coverage. Members hired on or after Jan. 1, 2021 will not be eligible for retiree medical benefits. Click here for more detail.
- Reference Enrollment Checklist for eBenefits login instructions and other important resources and action items
- eBenefits questions/login assistance: Enrollment & Eligibility Support Center at 855-859-0966
- Gina Ewart, Benefits Counselor, Human Resources Department Benefits Office, King Building, Room 202 Email: email@example.com (704) 687-0647
- Benefits Office, King Building, Room 207, 9201 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.hr.charlotte.edu Phone: (704) 687-8134