At UNC Charlotte, we care deeply about our employees’ health and wellness and aim to provide various programs focused on helping you maintain a healthy work-life balance. Below you'll find the following health and wellness opportunities:
Employees experiencing personal issues or significant life changes are encouraged to seek professional assistance since such problems often result in stress and anxiety for employees and their families. In addition, personal problems of this nature may impair work performance and often impact fellow workers. ComPsych GuidanceResources® Worldwide to provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits to full-time permanent employees at UNC Charlotte.
Ginger offers on-demand, confidential mental healthcare through coaching via text-based chats, self-guided activities, and video-based therapy and psychiatry—all from the privacy of your smartphone. Coaches are available to chat 24/7, 365 days per year. Private video sessions with a therapist are available outside of business hours on evenings and weekends.
Employee Wellness Team
The Advisory Committee for Employee Health and Wellness was named to:
- Identify, recommend, and promote programs and services that emphasize healthy behaviors, including but not limited to nutritional, emotional and physical well-being; foster a campus culture supportive and encouraging of healthy behaviors and choices;
- Increase awareness, knowledge, and skills important to improving and maintaining health and supportive of the University’s mission; and
- Regularly assess the quality of campus wellness activities and programs, identify unmet needs and resource issues, and recommend options to senior administration.
University employees can enroll in the faculty/staff University Recreation (UREC) membership Members have access to:
- All facilities managed by UREC
- Group fitness classes
- personal training services and swim lessons with an additional fee
- Equipment check-out service for daily use of various sports and fitness items
- Towel rental and use of daily lockers at no additional fee
Lunch and Learns
Human Resources and the Employee Health and Wellness Committee sponsor work and life Lunch and Learn programs for faculty and staff. These programs are intended to provide personal development topics to improve an aspect of your work or home life.
Employee Emergency Loan Fund
Employees are eligible to apply for small, short-term loans to help cover unexpected, emergency expenses. These loans are interest-free and available in amounts up to $250.