If you are feeling unwell or need to attend a medical appointment, UNC Charlotte encourages you to make uses of your accrued sick leave.
- Illness or injury
- medical appointments
- temporary disability due to childbirth
- to care for member of immediate family (including care for mother during temporary disability)
- death in immediate family
- adoption of a child, limited to a maximum of 30 days for each parent (which is equivalent to a biological mother's average period of disability)
- will not be paid in terminal leve
- may be applied toward retirement if eligible to retire within five years.
Reference the NC Office of Human Resources Policy for more information on how to handle Sick Leaved upon separation and reinstatement.