Application FAQs

Application FAQs

How do I apply?

In order to begin the application process, applicants may:

  • Click on Create Account on the left navigation panel on the site. Once an account has been created, applicants may search for postings and begin the application process by selecting Apply to this Job. Applicants will then be guided through the application process.
  • NOTE: If you receive an error message when applying, please try using a different web browser. Firefox is the recommended browser for this system.
  • NOTE: The application process is not complete until the applicant has certified and submitted their application. Applicants will receive a confirmation number after successful submission.
What do I do if I forget my username or password?

From the login screen click the forgot your username or password link located next to the login button. To retrieve your username you will need to enter your email address. To set a new password you will need to enter your username. You will then be sent an email with instructions on how to proceed. For assistance, please contact Employment via email at or call 704-918-0669 and select Option 7.

How can I obtain an accommodation for special assistance in completing the application process?

Contact Staff Employment Office at (704) 687-0669 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to request special assistance.

How long is a position open to receive applications?

Permanent Faculty and EHRA positions are open to receive applications for a minimum of two weeks, depending on appointment type. SHRA positions are open to receive applications for a minimum of 5 business days. Temporary positions are open to receive applications for a minimum of 3 calendar days.

The hiring department determines the length of time a position is open. Each position’s closing date is shown on the job posting. Jobs cannot be viewed and applications cannot be submitted after 11:59 p.m. EST/EDT on the closing date. *Note: Positions that are Open Until Filled are subject to close without warning after the minimum posting timeframe has elapsed.

Can I complete the online application without applying for a specific position?

No. Applications may only be filled out when an applicant selects Apply to this Position. Please note, you will not be considered for a position until you certify and submit your application materials. Applicants will receive a confirmation number when an application is successfully submitted.

Can I add additional information to my application after it has been submitted?

If you realize pertinent information was left out of your application materials after submission, you may request your application/documentation be made available for you to update. If the position is still open to receive applications and it is deemed appropriate, your application may be updated and resubmitted. If the position closing date has passed, then updates to application materials may not be made in the system. For assistance please contact Employment via email at or call 704-918-0669 and select Option 7

What happens after I submit my application?

When an applicant applies for a position and has met the training and experience requirements, their application will be submitted to the hiring supervisor for further review. If an applicant does not meet the training and experience requirements, their application will not be referred to the department. Applicants may review the status of their application on the Your Applications section of the applicant site

How do I check my status?

You can log into the system anytime with your username and password to check on the status of positions you have applied for. Select “Your Applications” to view your position history and look at “Status” for updated information under the “Completed Job Applications” heading.

What do the application status codes mean?

Under Review by Human Resources: Your application has been received by Human Resources and is awaiting completion of the initial review/screening and referral processes.

Under Review by Hiring Department (EHRA): Your application has been received by the appropriate search committee and is awaiting completion of the initial review/screening processes. Invitations for interview will be extended directly by a search committee representative.

Referred to the Hiring Department: Your application has been determined to be among the ‘most qualified’ for the respective vacancy and has been referred to the hiring official(s) for further review and consideration. Invitations for interview will be extended to all finalists as determined by the hiring official(s).

In Progress: The hiring process is still ongoing, and your application is being considered. Throughout this period, recruiters or hiring managers will assess your qualifications, skills, and experience to determine your suitability for the position.

Should I complete the Veteran’s Preference section of the application?

If you have served in the U.S. Military, are the spouse of a veteran who died or was disabled from service-connected circumstances, or are a dependent of a veteran who died from service-connected circumstances, you are invited to complete the Veteran’s Preference section of the application. This section is voluntary. As a government contractor, the University is subject to Section 402 of the Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, and the Veterans Benefits and Health Care Improvement Act of 2000, and is required to take affirmative action to employ and advance veterans. If you are a veteran, you may voluntarily self-identify for consideration under the University’s affirmative action programs. A copy of your DD Form 214 must be provided to the Office of Human Resources in order to receive military credit. Information provided will only be used in accordance with the Act and will not go forward to an employing department unless an applicant has self-identified as a veteran.

How do I know my application materials were received and processed?

You will receive a confirmation message on the screen immediately after you apply for a specific position. Also, you may check your application status at any time simply by logging into the system.

If I have a disability, should I note it on the application? When should I notify the University of this disability?

It is up to you whether or not you disclosed this information. Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may contact the Office of Disability Services at: or call: (704) 687-4355 (TTY/Voice) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (EST), Monday – Friday.

How is the EEO information used and is this information required?

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a matter of University policy as well as Executive Order 11246, as amended, and other applicable laws, we are required to request the EEO information from all applicants. The information is kept confidential and is used to fulfill reporting requirements for the University.

The application system will not allow me to attach a supplemental document. Why is that?

Your document may be too big. Make sure they’re less than 9 MB in size. If your documents are too large, here are some things you can try to reduce their size(s): Pictures and/or logos are known for taking up space, so reducing their size or eliminating them is an easy way to decrease size. If you’re scanning in a transcript, you should also have the option to reduce your pixel size and make it smaller. Note: some transcripts are coded to prohibit scanning or copying. Converting files into an Adobe PDF format is another great way to reduce your document size. If you already have a version of Adobe on your computer, you can print the document to PDF (selecting PDF Printer in your Print Properties box) to convert a Word doc to a PDF doc.

I would like to modify my application to include additional and/or corrected information. How can I make these changes?

You can only edit your application while the posting is still open. For assistance please contact Employment via email at or call 704-918-0669 Option 7. Once the posting is closed, no other edits can be made. You can update your contact information at any time by clicking on the “Account Settings” link on the left side of the page. Once your changes are made, click ‘update’.