Procedure for new Student Employees 

Prior to working, you will need to:

  • Complete the New hire process
    • Original social security card:  If you would like to submit your social security card and do not have the original, you may apply for a card and submit your receipt until your card arrives.  The Social Security Administration now has online services for residents of North Carolina available through its my Social Security portal at  If you are not a resident of NC, you can use this link for information on obtaining a new or replacement Social Security Card.