The Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award was established in 2010 by the UNC Staff Assembly to recognize staff employees whose accomplishments are consistent with the goals of the University and the University’s public service mission. All University employees are encouraged to nominate a deserving colleague for this award.
- Must be a permanent staff member (SHRA or EHRA non-faculty) of any of the 17 UNC constituent institutions, the UNC System Office, or a recognized University affiliate.
- Exemplifies excellence in their professional interactions and customer service within their university employment.
- Provides extraordinary service to their campus and UNC system outside their job description.
- Provides exemplary service to their surrounding community.
What Recipients Receive
- A memento.
- An award of $1000.
- A reception with the Staff Assembly and UNC leadership.
- A short video about their service produced by UNC-TV.
More information can be found on the UNC System Office website.