Welcome to the UNC Charlotte Faculty, Staff and Non-student temporary hire page.
Complete all 5 steps before you begin working on campus.
1. Complete your I-9: (Select one)
2. Complete all pages of the new hire packet.
Click here for instructions on how to complete the new hire paperwork. Your NinerNet account must be activated and you will need your ID number to access these forms.
Faculty, Staff and Non-student temps- Click here to get started - (Students may not use this link and must click here)
Foreign National Employees only:
- After completing your forms, download these tax forms to be completed and submitted to the Tax Office
- Email the tax office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your appointment to submit the tax forms. Failure to meet with the Tax Office may result in incorrect taxes being taken out of your paycheck.
- Obtaining your SSN - New Faculty/Staff can take their employment agreement to the Social Security Administration to apply for your SSN. Social Security Office Locator.
3. Schedule an in-person appointment to present the necessary documents required for the I-9: HR calendar.
Steps one and two must be completed before scheduling your appointment. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, walk-in hours for new hires: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 am and 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm.
4. Bring your unexpired I-9 documents to the King building (2nd floor - 222) at your selected appointment time.
- Example of List A documents: US Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card - Only one document needed
- Example of List B AND C documents: List B (Driver license/State ID/UNCC ID) AND List C (Birth certificate, Social security card)
- Foreign Nationals need to present: Passport, current I-94, AND I-20 or DS-2019 - All documents needed
- Note: You must provide unexpired/original document(s). No photocopies or pictures of documents can be accepted. See the full list of acceptable documents here.
5. You will receive your I-9 verification via email to forward to your supervisor/department within 2 business days.
Once you have forwarded the email to your department, the process is complete. Thank you.
Please note: Tax allowances will default to single/zero for US Citizens and Permanent Residences. Should you wish to change your form W-4 and/or form NC-4 to something other than single with zero allowances, you can now do so online by following the FAQ located here:
Notice About Social Security Cards
Please note that the University strongly recommends that each employee present his/her original Social Security card to assure accurate payroll tax and retirement system reporting. If possible, please bring your original Social Security card, or official proof of application, when you visit the Human Resources department for your initial employment processing. If you are unable to locate your card, you may apply for a duplicate card by visiting your local Social Security Administration. Use this link for information on obtaining a new or replacement Social Security Card.
New Online Services for NC residents: The Social Security Administration expanded online services for residents of North Carolina available through my Social Security portal at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/. North Carolina residents can use the portal for many replacement Social Security number (SSN) card requests.
Please review our Statement of Purpose on why we request your social security number.