Insurance Open Enrollment Period: Oct. 11-29
Enrollment period: Oct. 11-29, 2021
Effective date of changes: Jan. 1, 2022
You can enroll in or update the following benefits:
- Cancer and specified disease
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group term life
- Accidental death and dismemberment
Additional information on plans, any changes for 2022 and additional resources will be added to this website as soon as it becomes available.
Login to eBenefits: Reference How to Enroll section below
- For the fourth year in a row, there will be no employee premium rate increases for the State Health Plan 70/30 and 80/20 medical plans.
- Current rates for all NCFlex benefits except for the dental plans will remain the same for the 2022 plan year.
- Health Care FSA unused funds will roll over from 2021 to 2022.
As in prior years, all eligible employees enrolled in the State Health Plan will be automatically enrolled in the 70/30 Plan. Those who wish to enroll in the 80/20 Plan will need to take action during open enrollment.
Additionally, those who would like to reduce their monthly premium by $60 will need to complete the tobacco attestation during the enrollment period. For more information, review the State Health Plan website.
Health Care FSA Update
If you were enrolled in the Health Care FSA in 2020 or are currently participating for 2021 and you have a minimum balance of $25, your full amount of unused funds will automatically roll over for the 2022 plan year. You can use these funds even if you do not re-enroll. If you re-enroll in your health care FSA, you can elect to contribute $2,750 to your account in 2022. (Note: Starting with the 2023 plan year, the normal annual rollover amount of $550 will apply.)
For more information, review the following resources and guides:
2022 NCFlex Enrollment Guide - University Employees
NCFlex Product Videos
NCFlex Open Enrollment website
Employees who are tobacco users and want to earn their monthly health insurance premium credit for 2022 don’t have to wait until open enrollment this fall. They can take action now to save money throughout 2022.
Tobacco users can attend a tobacco cessation counseling session at a CVS MinuteClinic or their primary care provider’s (PCP) office for free to earn a lower premium for 2022. They have until Nov. 30, 2021, to take action. (Note: If employees combine their tobacco cessation visit with another service, there may be a copay.)
Open Enrollment/Benefits Events
- Representatives from the Benefits Office, the State Health Plan and NCFlex presented information and discussed University benefit offerings and any important changes or updates for the 2022 plan year, Wednesday, Oct. 6. A recording of the session will soon be available.
- Representatives from the Benefits Office and NCFlex will be available to answer any Open Enrollment questions you may have.
State Health Plan Webinars
- The State Health Plan will be offering numerous webinars for you to learn about your benefits prior to and during Open Enrollment.
- Dates and times, as well as registration information, are on the State Health Plan website.
- NCFlex will host several online benefit meetings. You will have the opportunity to submit questions in chat through the webinar with an NCFlex representative.
- Dates and times, as well as registration information, are on the NCFlex website.
Fall Health Opportunites for Employees
Flu Vaccine Clinics
Note: All spots are full. We are working to add more soon!
In partnership with Publix Pharmacy, the University will offer on-campus flu vaccine clinics for employees and students. All clinics will be open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration is required.
Those scheduled to date include:
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, Student Union, Room 340
- Wednesday, Oct. 13, Student Activity Center, Food Court
- Wednesday, Oct. 20, Student Activity Center, Food Court
- Wednesday, Oct. 27, Student Activity Center, Food Court
There will be no out-of-pocket costs with major insurance. Be sure to bring your 49er Card and your insurance card with you to your appointment. More information about the flu vaccine and the University's flu vaccine attestation requirement can be found on the Niner Nation Cares website.
The State Health Plan's Eligibility and Enrollment Support Center at 855- 859-0966.
During open enrollment, the hours will be extended:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For health care benefits and claims inquiries:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For pharmacy benefits questions:
CVS Caremark (888) 321-3124
For additional questions:
UNC Charlotte Benefits Office: firstname.lastname@example.org / (704) 687-8134